Let's Do It Cameroon
A Word From The President
It’s with great pleasure and excitement that I pass to you this message from the country director of Let’s Do It Cameroon. I want to congratulate all my fellow Cameroonians, partners, regional representatives, volunteers and sponsors for once again making our dream of the clean world come through. Yes!!! [we did it again] I saw you move out the pieces and win away your sweat to take out those plastics, bottles, glass bottles, cigarette butts even when the water rouse up, you stood fiercely, Oh!!! You are wonderful. This success could not have happened without your sacrifice and determination. Though we had challenges but we overcame them which at times is inevitable but change with time to clean their houses, schools and environment and abandoned wastes. We are amazed to think that we love our environment so much, the impact you created during this activity is awesome, THE WORLD CLEAN UP DAY is indeed a game changer. LET’S DO IT WORLD –do it yourself.
Meet our team
The foundation of every great team is a direction that energizes, orients, and engages its members. Our success story couldn’t be possible without the help of this great team.
Mission, vision, and objectives of Ler's Do It Cameroon
The mission is actually the guidelines that we have set to apply in our various schools. The guideline missions are as follows:
1. To fight against waste mismanagement in Cameroon
2. A non–polluted environment, free from destruction of the ozone layer from company waste mismanagement
3. To establish and develop structures and mechanisms of waste management in Cameroon
4. Adopting and developing educational products for sustainable development “used learning by doing approach”
5. To coordinate the network of organizations to be cellular change-makers
6. To advocate for a clean and waste-free environment;
7. To introduce a sustainable and continuous impact in waste production, processing and transformation (waste recycling)
8. Above introduces the use of our trash out map to enable trash identification and use as a medium to reduce waste in our country;
9. Enforcing the most sustainable resource management system
and implementation of innovative technology for a sustainable world
10. To create awareness and activate creativity in managing our own
1. A clean world, waste free environment
2. A peaceful environment void of hate, dirt, enmity, strikes, wars, jealousy, and evil
3. A non–polluted environment, free from destruction of the ozone layer from company waste mismanagement
4. To invite the ministry of environment in taking part in all our activities.
5. To also train the population on the importance of digital clean–up.
6. A waste-free environment
7. An educated population on man and its environment
8. To install our trash out map in all phones during our workshops and training
9. To see the impact of our activities all over the world
10. To build a transformation center (waste recycling industry)
The objective of the are made up of two categories: The main objective and the general objectives.
LET’S DO IT! CAMEROON whose main objective is to protect the environment and its people has as its main objective to protect the school environment and its population(students). Mindful of the goals of the united nation environment, concerning the protection of the environment through her organs, the management of the environment was one and the need for its protection, is universal and humanitarian unlike the world clean–up day where one people, one mission one day comes together(let’s do it) to clean the entire world in just an hour. The school clean–up day project is a weekly exercise and visage to take place in schools in Cameroon. Every faithful Wednesday by midday, the let’s do it team and its volunteers engage in clean-up activities, workshops, and training in these schools by connecting, and empowering people and organizations to drive a positive change for smarter changes in design, production, consumption of resources/waste management with let’s do it Cameroon has exciting projects like trash out map training (waste identifying application) and the digital clean-up activities (deleting junk files, videos, images from smartphones and personal computers.
1. Let’s do it movement fights against waste mismanagement in Cameroon.
2. Organization of weekly/monthly/yearly clean–up activities all over the territory and in schools in particular respecting the keep it clean plan.
3. Propagation of waste management at the economic social and cultural levels.
4 Establishment and development of structures and mechanisms of waste management in Cameroon.
5. Introduction and implementation of the trash out map used in identifying waste in the country.
6. Development of educational products for sustainable development in schools in Cameroon
7. Coordinating the network of organizations and urging them to become global change makers through environmental protection.
8. Creating awareness, activating, and empowering the population to stand against waste mismanagement in the country and the world at large.
The let’s do it movement began in Estonia in 2008 and in Cameroon in the same year under the supervision of Mr. Mbah Federick who coordinated about 100 people who came together to clean up the country in just 5 hours, together collecting waste of about 10 tons of mismanaged natural spaces and public areas. This day in Cameroon was really a reality show and a boom, a global bottom-up civic movement was born in the land and in the subsequent editions.It became a nationwide activity as the mobilized citizens saw the need for international world clean-up day. These achievements captured the imagination of the people nationwide and worldwide in general as about 180 countries join the movement which was now called clean-up day 2012. Coordinated by the let’s do it foundation, this activity aims at keeping the world clean.
In 2012, this new international initiative called let’s do it world was started. World clean-up 2012 with the aim of promoting coordinated countrywide clean-ups to happen from March 24th, 2012 to 15th September 2012. Let’s do it foundation was founded to coordinate this project and the first single day of global clean-up action was world clean-up day 2018 in which Cameroon took part actively.
The world clean-up day 2018 was coordinated by Miss Ngangjoh Memunatu Riyuh who took over from Mr. Mbah Federick through a recognition letter signed by the president of let’s do it world in Tallinn Estonia. As a young push full and dynamic lady, Miss Ngangnjoh was able to mobilize close to 20 partner organizations with the help of her assistant Mr. Ndassa Younchouwou together they brought to the street close to 500 volunteers and 20 partners. The activity through the first massive realization of let’s do it Cameroon met with a lot of challenges as there was no funding from partners or sponsors, just the use of our personal resources because the objective was to see our country clean. Our greatest impact was the awareness created as many other volunteers and partners eventually joined the action, especially on the next world clean-up day on the 21st of September 2019, then this year’s
edition 2020 was a global boom. All the above-mentioned world clean-up activities earn let’s do it in Cameroon 3 certificates of participation and a certificate of appreciation from the headquarter in Kosovo. Today, close to a million Cameroonians are holders of certificates of participation either as a volunteer or as a partner on the offer of Miss Ngangnjoh (country leader) and her new executive board of about 10 executive members ready to offer their services voluntarily.
Nevertheless, the vision and the objectives of let’s do Cameroon is vast and beneficial to Cameroon youths and the population in facing the issue of waste mismanagement in Cameroon that has contributed to the misuse of our natural resources, our workshops, and training on waste management can be very beneficial to the entrepreneur sector, and very lucrative for economy development principles. 2020 has been a remarkable year for our flagship project (world clean-up day) which is ready to change the face of our environment and reduce, reuse, and recycle waste products in Cameroon. After acquiring legal status as an international organization here in Cameroon let’s do it, Cameroon will serve as a channel through which the government can reconstruct, and reinvest in its economy. Let’s do it Cameroon is an activator to the loose skills and creativity of young Cameroonians. We look up to the government to give us the opportunity to excel.
What Are You Waiting For...
Make an appointment
Schedule an appointment with a Let’s Do It Cameroon specialist to discuss further…